Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Kelly and I went to his parents house in Star Valley, WY for our long weekend. Kelly's sister April, and her husband Billy were there as well. We invented a new game called paddle-wack-it. We moved all the furniture in the basement and put tape on the floor to make a court. We got a small handball and some big paddles and took turns hitting the ball against the wall. It was very similar to racketball. We played for hours and had a blast.
On Monday morning we went to Billy's house for a horse ride! Who would have ever thought that I would ride a horse?! It was a ton of fun but I have to say...I am quite sore today. The whole weekend was filled with fun and relaxation and was the perfect break from our busy school schedules.
Thats right...I rode a horse all by myself!!

Kelly, April and McKell went into the yard to play catch.

This is a demonstration of Paddle-wack-it! Kelly and Billy had some pretty intense matches.

The happy couple!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAhh man..looks like fun, wish we were there! Congrats on the first horse ride!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
School Links said...

How fun!! The last horse I have ridden was 8 years ago!!!! (It seems I am always pregnant and shouldn't get on a horse??!!) It is so much fun...I am not a great rider....I like the very tame calm horses. You look like a pro!! Glad you had a fun weekend.

Billy & April said...

Ya you're pretty much a pro at horse ridin now. What a fun weekend we had!! Glad we got to see you guys!

Amy said...

Looks like a great way to spend the long weekend. Good Job getting on the horse!