Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer Time

My computer is fixed and I am excited to post some of the pictures from our little vacation from Rexburg.
The trip started about 2 hours after I finished my last final. We came home and finished packing and cleaning the house and got in the car to make the long drive to the Salt Lake airport. It is a little tradition of me and Kelly to stop at Chipotle in Bountiful. We have done it almost every time we go to the airport since we have been married. We both love Mexican food and we don't have a Chipotle close to us so it's a nice treat.


We flew from Salt Lake to Vegas where we had a 30 minute lay-over. We landed in the Ontario, CA airport where we met my brother and the three of us made the 90 minute drive to Big Bear Lake where we were meeting the rest of my family. The road up to Big Bear is very curvy and by the time we got to the cabin Kelly and I were totally motion sick and ready to go to sleep. It was a long day!
We spent 5 days in Big Bear boating, playing games, eating, and relaxing. The water in the lake was warmer than I thought and we had a lot of fun wake boarding and me and Kelly's personal favorite was the 3 man tube. I even got to drive the boat a bit. It was a wonderful break and we were more than happy to sit around the cabin and relax.After Big Bear we went back to my parent's house in Danville where we did some work for my dad and hung out with the family. We especially loved playing with baby Nicholas. Kelly learned to feed him and he even changed a few diapers all by himself. I was very proud of him.
The trip ended with a few days in San Diego. We went there to attend my cousins wedding in the San Diego Temple. While in the beautiful city of SD we got to walk along the beach and go to Sea World. Our 3 week getaway was awesome but by the end of the trip we were tired and ready to go home. We are now back in our little town of Rexburg and getting pumped up for our next semester.

2 comments:

Glenae said...

Looks like you had a great time. I love the pictures. Nicolas is so cute! He looks like his dad.

Anonymous said...

What a great time! Nicholas is so very cute! He just looks like a little sweetheart! NICE JOB on the diapers Kelly! I'll send Sum Sum over to ya next time! ;)