Last week was the first week back to school for Kelly and I. Kelly is taking some really hard classes and I was planning on taking 19 credits in hopes of graduating this April. We had some discouraging test results this week. The growth on my pituitary gland causes my prolactin levels to sky rocket. I have been on a medication that is supposed to shrink the growth. The way we measure how well the medication is working is by testing my prolactin levels. A normal persons levels are between 2.8-28 (if they're not pregnant). Mine were at 401. After 6 weeks on the medication they went down about 50%! That was exciting news and Kelly and I assumed after another 6 weeks I would be back to normal...wrong. At my last blood draw, after another 4 weeks on an increases dose of medication, we found out the levels had actually gone back up a bit.
Needless to say we were extremely discouraged and searching for some answers. Our doctor didn't seem to think it was a big deal but we didn't like that response. We are now in the process of getting a second opinion and making sure we are on the right track with this.
This has all been going on right in the middle of our first week back to classes. I decided to drop a few classes and take on an easier load. I am a little bit disappointed because I was really looking forward to being done but whats one more semester? Right? School has been going pretty well, I can already tell that it's going to be a tough one for Kelly. It's hard to concentrate on school when there is so much going on.
We've had our moments of frustration this week but we are confident that everything will work out. We are doing our best to keep a positive attitude and to have some patience. This has been a test of faith for us but I know that trials will only make us stronger. Not to mention, if you have to wait to het a baby it will make those 3 a.m. feedings seem easier, right? Wishful thinking, I know!!!
First day of school, don't we look excited?!
9 comments:
Hang in there Brittany! Your positive attitude is impressive and I admire you for it! I am thinking about you guys always! And yes...waiting to have a baby forever makes thoses 3 am feedings priceless! You will cherish everyone...even the 1 am feeding and the 5 am feeding and the 7 am feeding...lol!
Brittany I am so sorry to hear about this! I hope that I could have as much faith as you do if this were to happen to me! I miss chatting with you at work and keeping updated!
I can just say ditto to Autumn's comment! It makes it just that much more fun, exciting, and special when it takes so much work to get them here. I will be thinking of you guys and hopefully soon things will get better!
We are praying for your also. Things will work out. But I know how frustrating it is. And you will appreciate being a mother more than some, I sure did. We'll keep in touch.
Hang in there! You will surely love every moment of being a mother!
Thanks for keeping us posted on your health. You are in our thoughts and prayers!!
We are praying for you too Brit! We love you so much! Everythng will work out! You will be the best mother.
I love you britt..and kelly!
and ps..the new look i did through photoshop..took me ALL day...literally!
I love you Brittany!
You will be in my prayers for sure... as you always are!
Post a Comment