Thursday, October 23, 2008

the worst is over...

I am home from the hospital and feeling better. I still have some pretty massive headaches but the Dr. was able to remove the entire tumor and my prolactin levels are already back to normal! It was all worth it. It will probably take another few weeks to get back to normal life but I am so relieved that it's all over. I'm recovering at my parents house in California and Kelly, my mom and I will be returning to Idaho on Sunday. My mom is going to stay with us for a few days since Kelly is gone during the days. Thanks for all your support, love, and prayers...they worked!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy everything went okay and that you are feeling well! Take it easy and tell my brother he needs to spoil you!!

Erin Anderson said...

Brittany,
Thanks for updating how you are doing? I have been wondering if eveything was okay! I hope your recovery is quick and am glad everything went well!

Team Heaton said...

Brittany,
I hope you're not bugged that I've peeked in on your blog, but Paige hasn't updated how things went and I can't get ahold of her, so I decided to see if you had put anything on your blog and you did. (This is Paige's Aunt Emily.) I am so glad that everything went well for you. I bet you were pretty scared. When my OBGYN had mentioned brain surgery to me to remove the mass on my pituitary, I was very nervous. It's just something that I prefer to not worry about. My situation is different from yours in the fact that my prolactin problems didn't begin until after we'd had our first baby (although it took us awhile to get him too). I really feel like the spirit guided me to what was best. The medication lowers my levels and returns me to normal, but with miscarriages the levels skyrocket. After my 3rd pregnancy - 1 live birth, 2 miscarriages- I was pretty fed up and tried fertility. It didn't work for me. It wasn't until I finally put my complete trust in the Lord that I knew I needed go back on the meds to lower my prolactin. I got pregnant immediatly. My doctor says that is quite unusual. But I get the feeling that the whole prolactin issue is unusual. I have now had 3 healthy babies. My neighbor that I lived next door to has now had 5 children and she also had extreme levels.

Since we live near UNC hospitals, I have now connected with an Endocrinologist and she says I do not need to have brain surgery. My baby was weaned in April and my levels were only at 267 (low compared to yours!) It is a rollercoaster of emotions, but as alone as I felt at first, it is amazing how many other people I have heard of with the same issue. (okay- not many others, but it's just nice to know I'm not alone!)

I am so grateful that your surgery went well! I've sure been thinking of you and praying that it would all turn out well. I hate those headaches!

Take care! (Sorry about the looooooong comment). In response to the fertility, if that is what is necessary, go for it- if that is what feels best.

Amy said...

I am so glad things went well! I hope you recover quickly and I agree with Autumn, take advantage of some spoiling!

miss aubrey said...

Brittany! im so glad everything went well!! What wonderful news! I'll be praying for your quick recovery! say hi to danville for me:)

Colby and Anna said...

I heard from mindy also that the surgery went well- I am sooo happy and relieved! Colby and I kept you in our prayers...we just love you and kelly!

Jake said...

Good luck with your recovery

Anonymous said...

I was very excited to hear Chad excitedly proclaim today, "BRITTANY'S BACK!"

Anonymous said...

Btw, I think Obama will win tomorrow (he out campaigned McCain ... but I still can't believe we're going to elect a guy who has had such controversial associations, rather than electing a true Vietnam hero!) I love Sarah Palin, but I think the McCain campaign had the handcuffs on her the entire time. Still, I think McCain would have a 5 pt lead (instead of trailing by 5) had he gone with Mitt. Oh well, I still love Sarah. Even if Senator Obama wins tomorrow, I at least hope Prop 8 passes here in CA!

Btw, Obama opposes Prop 8 ... this after saying the following earlier in the year, "I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian, it's also a sacred union." I still don't know who Senator Obama is! I guess we'll all find out. :)

Keep getting better Brit!!! We love you kids!