Saturday, November 22, 2008

Our First Christmas Tree

Kelly and I are really excited for Christmas this year!! We have definitely had our ups and downs this year and are ready to settle into the Christmas season. We decided to get our Christmas tree early because we are leaving Rexburg a week before Christmas and we want to enjoy our tree for as long as possible.
We didn't get a tree last year or decorate our apartment but we wanted to get more into the Christmas spirit this year. We got two Christmas CD's and listened to our Christmas music while we decorated our tree. The tree is a bit bare since we have not had time to collect ornaments or decorations. The dollar store was our friend! We used ball ornaments, tinsel, and candy canes. I've decided that we need to start buying two or three ornaments a year until we have a nice collection.
We had a blast going around town and finding all the things we needed for our tree. We have had beautiful fall weather this year, the sun was shining today and we were both wearing short sleeved shirts! We were laughing that we were buying a Christmas tree and there was no snow on the ground. I have been preparing Kelly for a non-white Christmas since we will be in California.
We are going to Star Valley to be with the Allred's for Thanksgiving and we cannot wait. It will be nice to come home to a decorated house. Happy Holidays!

6 comments:

miss aubrey said...

awe your first tree!!! SO CUTE! I need to start listening to Christmas music. also. the dollar store is THE BEST invention.

Anonymous said...

Cute tree! I am excited that you are coming to Thanksgiving!! I can't wait to meet you!

Amy said...

Fun Tree! It is so much fun getting your first Christmas tree! Can't wait for the Allred Thanksgiving! I agree with Mandi-can't wait to meet you!

Billy & April said...

Yay for Allred Thanksgiving! Cute tree guys! I've broke out the Christmas music a few weeks ago. I'm so bad. I love this time of year!

Glenae said...

Cute tree and cute "jammies" picture. See you soon!!!

jodie said...

Oh boy...you're in for a treat with your first Allred Thanksgiving experience! I'm sad we won't be there to see you guys. Cute tree!!