
Before I met my husband I didn't know any men named Kelly. The only Kellys I met were female. I have come to realize that many people assume that people named Kelly are always female. I have to admitt I used to be guilty of this, but when people think my husband is a women, it bothers me. Kelly is not just a female name. In fact, the name Kelly means warrior and connotes aggressiveness and strife. That sounds pretty masculine to me. Although I do get annoyed when people think my husband is female it does have its advantages as well.
- I have never had trouble getting information about Kelly's credit cards, medical records, or bank information. When the company asks what the name on the account is I say, "Kelly Allred." They always relpy with "alright Kelly what can I do for you?"
- I can always cash checks with Kelly's name on them. He, however, has trouble cashing checks with my name on them.
This post will serve as a reminder to all that Kelly is not just a girls name!
10 comments:
Hi Brittany! I totally know you and it was so great to hear from you! I love the cordons! I am so glad i heard from you because we'll be neighbors and we're excited to know some friends there! We'll definitely have to hang out when we move to rexburg, even though we might not get there for a few months!
Ps. I totally feel your pain about the name thing... So many beautiful "manly" names are used on girls and it's sort of a bummer. I hear of girl Ryans every day.. who knows, Ryan might be the new Kelly or Ashley! :(
I hear you! Being a girl with a boy's name has its ups and downs as well. For example - my birth certificate says that I'm a boy...because Jordan is a boy's name. I'm too nervous to try and get it changed because I don't know what they'll make me do to prove I'm a girl! And almost all of my mail is addressed to Mr. Jordan Hansen. Nice.
Also - we are so glad that your operation went well. Thanks for keeping us posted on it!
So funny! Morgan's birth certificate came back with her being a male too! Love the picture too!
haha...britty..you're so funny..it's funny because i never think of kelly as a girls name anymore..
hahaha that is HILARIOUS. I like Kelly as a man's name and it does seem to have its perks:)
hahaha that is HILARIOUS. I like Kelly as a man's name and it does seem to have its perks:)
hahaha that is HILARIOUS. I like Kelly as a man's name and it does seem to have its perks:)
Hey!
I was reading an article yesterday about a Dr. Kelly. I immediately thought woman, found out it was a man, and then laughed because your blog warned me and I didn't listen :) My apologies Kelly.
:)
There was a man named Kelly in my AZ ward growing up, and he was a buff handy man, with rough leathery skin. The name has never seemed very girly to me!
Good form in the picture Kelly.
-luke
Post a Comment