Saturday, October 16, 2010

Our Very Hungry 1-Year-Old

One of Dax's favorite book is The Very Hungry Caterpillar so his first birthday party was themed after the book. We invited a few families from the ward and had a barbecue. Even though it's hard to find kids Dax's age around here I was really happy to be able to have a party in his honor. We had a great time and I loved planning all the details. I still have a hard time believing that my baby is one!

We served all the food the caterpillar ate in the book.






The batteries died on this little truck so Dax actually pushed McKell up the hill.

At the end of the night a bath was definitely in order!

7 comments:

Paige said...

What a cute theme! It looked so cute, I wish we could have been there!

Calories In That said...

What a great idea! He is getting so big and love the cheeks :)

Amy said...

That is such a cute idea for a party. And I love the huge caterpillar made out of ballooons. That has got to be the coolest thing ever.

Jared said...

I didn't know you were so creative. What a cute nephew! 2 blogs in a row, look at you!

ryanandmindy said...

what a creative birthday idea! i can't believe your baby is ONE! we miss you guys..

Glenae said...

What a fun party! That has always been one of my very favorite books! We miss you all. Dax is getting so cute!

Regan said...

So cute, love the theme!!! Can't believe he is already 1!