Monday, April 7, 2008

The Dog Ate My Homework

This semester Kelly and I have been off-track (meaning we can't enroll in classes) so I decided to take a couple non-traditional classes. I took an online class, Media Law and Ethics, and an evening class, New Testament. It has worked out really well for me because work has slowed down quite a bit and I have time to finish all my homework during the day so I can still spend time with Kelly at night. It's been awesome.
Last week I had to take my final for my Ethics class, it was online, and it had to be done by Friday at 5 p.m. I studied all week and on Thursday night I sat down to take it. It was 100 questions and I only had 90 minutes to finish it. It was open book and open note. Question number 16 was one that I remember was exactly the same as one of our previous quiz questions so I clicked out of the test to search for that past quiz. As soon as I clicked out of the test browser I realized I would be locked out. I immediately tried to go back to the test but sure enough...no luck. I emailed my teacher right away and let her know that I needed to take the test that night because I would be at work the entire next day. It was already 8 p.m. so I knew she would not even see my email until the next morning. I decided to try and find her phone number so I could call and ask her to unlock the test. I even stalked her on the internet and found her home address but no phone number.
At this point I was freaking out because if I couldn't take the final I was surely going to fail the class. I had spent countless hours on this class and those hard worked hours were going to be completely useless...talk about frustrating.
There is something about the presence of my sweet husband that makes me feel calm. When he came upstairs and I explained to him what happened, I started crying. I don't know what it is, but when something bad happens I can usually keep my cool until I see him and then I loose it. He is always so patient with me and he has a way of making me feel better.
My teacher didn't end up emailing me back until 11 a.m. on Friday. She said she would unlock the test for me but I still needed to take it by 5 p.m. that night. I was supposed to be at work till 5 so I decided to take a 2 hour lunch so I could finish the test. Luckily everything worked out, but boy was that a stressful couple of days.
I feel lucky to have a guy like Kelly who is so supportive of everything I do. He is the most amazing guy in the world.

2 comments:

School Links said...

Oh man that does sound like a stressful weekend! I am so glad you were able to take the test. I like the cartoon you added.

Glenae said...

Man, don't you hate days like that! I'm sure glad it worked out for you.