Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Extra Sweet Orange Soda


I had a doctors appointment on Monday and I had to do the gestational diabetes test. For those who have never done it...it's really not a big deal at all. You drink this stuff that tastes like really sweet orange soda, wait an hour, they draw your blood and 10 minutes later you have the results. Piece of cake. I'm proud to report I'm diabetes free. The baby is looking healthy and everything is going great. I'm still measuring about a week early so we'll see if he actually comes early...I would be happy if he was a week early.

Funny story: when the doctor put the device thingy on my belly to listen for the baby's heartbeat she pushed down kind of hard and the baby immediately kicked right in the spot where she pushed. I could actually see the doctors hand move from his kick. She said, "oh I don't think he liked that very much." When I came home and told Kelly about it he was quick to inform me that our son is just like his dad: he doesn't like doctors poking and prodding him! Kelly never ceases to make me laugh.

6 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

haha... I read the title of your post and before I even clicked on it I was like "Oh, she did the glucose test." I didnt think it was as bad as everyone said it is either. Except the drawing blood part... but thats a whole different story. I'm so glad your pregnancy is going well! Baby boys are the best!!!

Sophia said...

I just took that test two weeks ago... it does taste like really sweet orange soda. I hate to draw blood though so I had to lay down for that part.

miss aubrey said...

It sounds like your little baby is quite the fighter (kicker)! I had no clue they had you drink a sweet before that test. I'm glad to hear it's nothing gross and glad to hear your diabetes free for the pregnancy because that sounds like a handful!

Anonymous said...

Man Brit, that is the absolute worse part of the whole pregnancy for me, including labor! I hate drinking that orange stuff..makes me gag and it always takes me the full five minutes to get it down! That's cute about the kicking, he definetly is Kelly's son.

Steph and David said...

You are a super cute prego lady!!! I want to be pregnant again! Feeling the baby kick is amazing. Good luck with everything!

Amy said...

Did you darken your hair? I like the color on you. I love when you do your preggo pics. You are a very cute pregnant person. And I didn't mind the drink either.