Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Actually Did It


There were a few times during my college education years that I felt like giving up. It took me about 4 1/2 years to get my degree but tomorrow it will be official! I overcame quite a few setbacks including:
  • Back Surgery my Freshman Year
  • Getting Married Sophomore Year
  • Brain Surgery Junior Year
  • Pregnancy Sickness Senior Year
WOW! Thinking about what I have been through these last four years really makes me feel like I have accomplished a lot. Kelly and I have had our fair share of struggles in our short time of marriage but I really feel like things are looking up for us. Everyone is in good health, I'm graduating, he only has his internship and one more semester, and best of all we are having a baby. I have so much to be grateful for and I can't wait to get my diploma and make it official tomorrow!
*Clarification: Getting married was not a setback, just something that took a lot of my time!!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations!! Especially with all you went through during the whole schooling process!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an amazing four years! Congratulations! Seriously, a great accomplishment!

Danielle said...

Congrats Brit!!

ashley said...

Let us not forget your transfer to BYU-I, a few switches of majors and minors, and the fact that this whole journey began the morning after MVHS graduation! I'm so proud of you! It takes so much to complete your degree and you did it!

Have a great graduation!! Congratulations!

Glenae said...

Congratulations!! We are proud of you, see you tomorrow.

Luke and Kimmy said...

CONGRATS!! Such fun news and you look adorable in your last picture!

Anonymous said...

Wow...you have ambition that's for sure. I think I would have given up...oh wait..I did!! Congrats to ya! See you in 8 days!!

Anonymous said...

Britty,

I don't know who's more excited for this day ... you or me! :)

And to add to Ashy's comment ... let us not forget the lovely letter I received from BYU Provo after your freshman year, soon followed by another missive from BYU-I. Those were the days! :) Good times. I wish I had a video of me opening up the BYU-I letter ... that'd be pretty funny. Yes, this has been quite a journey indeed.

The important thing is that you perservered through all of the obstacles and challenges. Life is the same way ... essentially a marathon long roller coaster filled with highs and lows. The key is to enjoy the journey.

Love you,

Dad

PS. Your graduation gift is on the way.